A New Passenger Experience from Gate to Curb
Led by LaGuardia Gateway Partners, the LaGuardia Terminal B project – valued at $5.1B (including $4B in construction value) is the largest public-private partnership in US aviation history. The redevelopment includes a new 35-gate terminal, a parking garage, related roadways and supporting infrastructure – all with innovative construction phasing, including building over-top of the current operation, that allowed the terminal to remain fully functional while under construction.
With the Terminal B redevelopment now complete, guests can enjoy a completely new experience. The new Terminal offers best-in-class retail, food, beverage, and amenities that more than doubled the number of offerings. Dual pedestrian bridges span active aircraft taxi lanes – a first in the world – and connect the main part of the terminal to two island concourses. Passengers walk above aircraft as they make their way to their gate, all while enjoying views of the iconic Manhattan skyline. In addition, this island and bridge design increases the amount of taxiway space for aircraft. Terminal B truly celebrates the best of New York and serves as a gateway we can all be proud of.
- 1.3M square foot terminal
- 35 gates
- Home to Air Canada, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and JetBlue.
- Common use terminal to increase efficiency.
- Soaring ceilings and plenty of natural light.
- State of the art water feature in the Arrivals and Departures Hall. The system creates a captivating show for passengers as they are moving through the terminal, providing them with entertainment and tranquility as they prepare for their travels.
- Nearly 50 new shops, restaurants, and services, including Shake Shack, FAO Schwartz, Irving Farm Coffee Roasters and McNally Jackson booksellers.
- Parking garage opened in Fall 2018 and the first new gates opened in the eastern concourse by the end of 2018.
In December 2021, Terminal B won UNESCO’s 2021 Prix Versailles, the global architecture and design award, for best new airport in the world. This prestigious award fulfills the agency’s promise to transform what was once regarded as the nation’s worst airport into a world-class facility ranking among the best in the nation.
LaGuardia Gateway Partners has a 35-year lease to operate the terminal and is composed of Vantage Airport Group, Skanska, Meridiam, and JLC Infrastructure for development and equity investment; Skanska Walsh as the design build joint venture; HOK and WSP for design; and Vantage Airport Group for management of the terminal operations.
The New LaGuardia Airport
The comprehensive redevelopment of LaGuardia Airport represents one of the most significant airport redevelopment projects in the United States in more than 20 years. LaGuardia Airport is being transformed into a unified airport with new terminals, better transportation access, additional airside taxiways and best-in-class passenger amenities.
Delta Air Lines will develop, construct, operate and maintain a new terminal to replace Terminals C and D. Delta Air Lines broke ground on construction of the new $4 billion terminal in August 2017.
About the Project
The comprehensive redevelopment of LaGuardia Airport involves transforming LaGuardia into a unified airport with new terminals, better transportation access, additional taxi-lanes and best-in-class passenger amenities.